Friday, June 19, 2009

Life so far...*take two*

.... has been unfruitful.

I'm busy, I'm focused, but at the same time, I don't feel I've achieved much.

Assignments are back to haunt me, not to mention the mid terms which would be here soon. Sigh, why do I fail so bad at time management.

Anyways, an image heavy update on what I've done: the Penang trip in May, and also the not so recent L'oreal Studio Star Search event.
-------------------------------------------------
First up, the May events. Other than going out with friends, of course I could not possibly miss out on one thing I always do when I'm at home.
And that is :

Photobucket

Camwhoring with my bro xD!!
And yes! We had eyeliner on! HAHA!
Oh! And have I ever told you guys that traditional-method steamboat is still the best? <3<3<3 src="http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o1/crestfallen-marionette/IMG_1312.jpg" alt="Photobucket" border="0">

which, frankly speaking, I've no idea it existed either. So how did I end up going for something which I don't even know of its existence?
Simple. JR's friend's sister's boyfriend was one of the finalists. Long relation? Not really. I know them too. *lol*

Photobucket
Content of the goodie-bag received upon entering the venue.
p/s: The Hydra Fresh Moisturizer really works!

Photobucket
The layout of the stage.
Photobucket
This girl's really pro at catching the right moment with random shots.

Photobucket
All 14 lucky finalists of the event. Handsome hunks and pretty ladies.

Photobucket
The host of the night.

Photobucket
Singing.
Photobucket
The red one indicates the finalist. Whereas the yellow indicates a fellow friend from Creative dance, was really surprised to see her on stage xD!
Photobucket
Singing. He composed his own song but all I heard was something about cats. =/
Photobucket
Photobucket
The one performance that made the whole floor excited xD! Very funny and entertaining- the beauty's the finalist whereas that guy's her dance partner, who is seriously hyper xD!!
Photobucket
Singing.
Photobucket
She sang, she danced, and she smiled for the camera and had a fun time!
Photobucket
Singing.
Photobucket
Hip hop dance.
Photobucket
More singing.
Photobucket
Percussion solo.
Photobucket
More singing. But this was not bad, it gives off a very 'Estrella-esque' feel.
Photobucket
Belly dancing. The red indicates the beautiful finalist.
Photobucket
And of course, the one person whom we all went to support, Mr Ben! xD! He was singing too!
Photobucket
And the last performance- a break dance session.

All finalists strutting their stuff on stage for a talent segment, minus one performance, which was a sexychair dance. I'm sorry. If I post up the photos I took of her it'd not do her any justice.

And one conclusion from all the contributions of the finalists to the talent segment, Zouk is definitely not a place to sing in. 9.5 out of 10 times the PA system's not cooperative.

Photobucket
Season 2 winners sharing their experience on life after being crowned the winners.

Photobucket
The winners of this season- walks away RM2000 richer and a one-year contract with L'oreal. Ben won the popular votes instead. =/

Update: More photos may be seen here
-------------------------------------------------

After the event we all, yes, every-single-Ben-supporter walked across for mamak session.

Photobucket
I mean, have you seen such a long receipt at a mamak stall?
By the way, the beautiful lady here would be Stephenie *correct me if I got the spelling wrong*,
who is JR's friend's sister.

-------------------------------------------------

Then on 15th and 16th June, the Student Representative Committee at my Uni brought in the exhibition from Soka Gakkai Malaysia, titled
From a culture of violence to a culture of peace: Transforming the human spirit.
It is a really good exhibition, and I heard that other campuses/academic institutions are considering on bringing the exhibition in to do as well.
So people, do give your support and go have a look, you don't have to pay nor talk if you don't feel like talking. Just go and read the panels available and get a better understanding of what you don't or already have known.

-------------------------------------------------

Ok, that's all for now, I need to get back to Yeo Hiap Seng and Golden Pharos now. Assignments.

5 comments:

  1. Wow...such a long post..
    and have to say...
    ur life is full of colourful...

    and...i love ur goodie bag..
    got extra?
    ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha1 ask my sister? xD! Your life also quite colorful ahhh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh dear,i will not want that kind of 'COLOURFUL'
    by the way,seem like every1 is crazy for transformer now...
    I WANNA WATCH TOO!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. When you coming back? we go watch together? xD~!

    ReplyDelete
  5. really ar?
    haha...really will wait for me or not?

    ReplyDelete